Language Arts

Week of 2/19 - 2/23

Welcome to the 3rd trimester! I'm looking forward to getting to know my new students, and reconnecting with the ones I've had all year, this week in class. We will begin with some community building to start creating our safe learning environment.  You will be introduced to the Author Study and some poetry analysis this week, but mostly, we will be connecting as a community of readers and writers. 

Mon. 2/19
Tue. 2/20
Wed. 2/21
Thu. 2/22
Fri. 2/23
Learning Target: No Class
Learning Target:
1) I can actively and respectfully participate in creating a safe, inclusive learning environment
Learning Target: 1) I can interview others to get to know them on a deeper level.
Learning Target: 1) I can introduce a classmate to the class.
Learning Target: 1) I can explain how poetry can have a deeper meaning than what happens on the surface of the poem.

President’s Day
NO SCHOOL

Welcome to 3rd Trimester: Community Building Activities

Introduction to Author Study

Classmate Interviews
Classmate Introductions

Introduction to Poetry Analysis

“Road Not Taken”
by Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment