Social Studies

Week of 2/26 - 3/2

We will start studying Canada this week by looking at their ancient peoples, The Inuits.  We will also do some geography and map work with Canada's provinces and territories. Lastly, we will look a little deeper into the Anasazi culture as we prep for our 2nd ADI on Friday.

For Friday's ADI, remember to bring a sack lunch and something to write with and be in my room at 8:40am.  The weather looks nice, but make sure you have a jacket and are dressed appropriately for being outside all day.

Mon. 2/26
Tue. 2/27
Wed. 2/28
Thu. 3/1
Fri. 3/2
Learning Target:
1) I can use links to gather information from the internet about the Inuit peoples .
Learning Target: 1) I can use links to gather information from the internet about the Inuit peoples
2) I can use my map skills to gather information about Canadian geography
Learning Target:
1) I can gather information on a topic from various sources.
Learning Target:
1) I can work collaboratively with others to give an educated guess as to what happened to the Ancient Anasazi.
Learning Target:  
1) I can respectfully participate in a hands-on learning experience about the Anasazi culture.


Hour 1:
Inuit WebQuest

Hour 2:
Nanook of the North


Hour 1:
Inuit WebQuest

Hour 2:
Geography of Canada

Hour 1 & 2
Long Term Project work time

Rough Draft Due Tomorrow

Hour 1:
Anasazi WebQuest

Hour 2:
ADI #2 Prep

ADI #2
Manitou Springs Cliff Dwellings

No comments:

Post a Comment