Language Arts

Week of 3/12 - 3/16

We will start to drafting the literary analysis for your poem this week. 

We will also register for next year's electives on Thursday. Forms should have been turned in on Monday, March 12. You must have your form signed by a parent to register.  You can find the form to print out if you have misplaced yours by clicking the following link, Electives Form

We will do some CMAS prep to help make sure you understand format and tools. Your first book report is due on Friday. 

Mon. 3/12
Tue. 3/13
Wed. 3/14
Thu. 3/15
Fri. 3/16
Learning Target: 1) I can inform my audience what my analysis will cover with a thesis statement.
Learning Target: 1) I can support a thesis with specific examples from my poem.
Learning Target: 1) I can demonstrate an understanding of a text as well as form a supported opinion about it.
Learning Target:
1) I can support a thesis with specific examples from my poem.
Learning Target: 1) I can support a thesis with specific examples from my poem.
2) I can inform my audience about my author’s life.

Writing a thesis statement

Poetry analysis essay writing time - Drafting the introduction and thesis statement

Poetry Analysis Writing Day

Drafting Body Paragraphs

Author Study Work Day:

Book Report work time

Registering for next year’s electives

Poetry Analysis Writing Day

Drafting Body Paragraphs

CMAS Prep

Book Report #1 DUE

No comments:

Post a Comment