Language Arts

Week of 1/8 - 1/12

Welcome back from break! I hope everyone had a restful break and is energized and ready for a new semester.  We will start the semester by looking at the similarities and differences between the opinion writing we did at the end of the first semester and the persuasive writing that we are about to begin.  We will choose and narrow a topic before beginning research.  We will end the week by analyzing a persuasive mentor text.

Mon. 1/8
Tue. 1/9
Wed. 1/10
Thu. 1/11
Fri. 1/12
Learning Target: No Class
Learning Target: 1) I can identify and explain the difference between opinion writing and persuasive writing.
Learning Target: 1) I can choose an issue that I have an opinion about, and I can make my topic specific.
Learning Target: 1) I can research to find strong, valid reasons and examples to support my opinion.
2) I can determine if a source is credible
Learning Target: 1) I can discuss persuasive techniques used in a mentor text.
2) I can reflect on my writing.

Teacher PD - No Students

Persuasive Writing vs. Opinion Writing

Jim Valvano ESPY Acceptance Speech

Choosing and Narrowing a Persuasive Topic

Researching an issue from all sides

Identifying Credible Sources

Analyzing Persuasion:

MLK Jr. “I Have A Dream”

PSR #1 Writing Time (if needed)

PSR #1 Rough Draft Due

No comments:

Post a Comment