Language Arts

Week of 1/22 - 1/26/2018

We will be completing our rough drafts of our persuasive essays this week. Please remember that the rough draft is due on Tue. 1/23.

We will also be doing some in-class activities that will help us practice the craft of persuasion.  We will have a mini-debate (4-corners), practice looking at various viewpoints, and work collaboratively to make an argument around a given scenario.

If you are still missing your PSR, or do not have it signed, please let me know how I can assist you in getting this completed.  CONFERENCES ARE THIS WEEK!

Mon. 1/22
Tue. 1/23
Wed. 1/24
Thu. 1/25
Fri. 1/26
Learning Target: 1) I can effective close an argument.
Learning Target: 1) I can express my argument for or against an issue
2) I can listen with an open mind to counterarguments
3) I can counter opposing arguments
Learning Target: 1) I can demonstrate the ability to explain multiple viewpoints on a topic or issue
Learning Target: 1) I can collaborate with others to form a logical argument for a given issue or scenario.
Learning Target: No Class

Crafting the Persuasive Essay Conclusion

4 Corners Persuasive Activity

Persuasive Essay Rough Draft Due

Viewing a topic or issue from multiple perspectives

Small Group Argument Activity

Mid-Year Conference Release Day
NO CLASS

No comments:

Post a Comment