Language Arts

Week of 11/6 - 11/10

We will begin commentary / opinion writing this week.  We will discuss what opinion writing is, how to begin thinking of topics, and how to write a lead for an essay.

Mon. 11/6
Tue. 11/7
Wed. 11/8
Thu. 11/9
Fri. 11/10
Learning Target: 1) I can explain the difference between an opinion and a fact.
2) I can share an opinion.
Learning Target: I can identify craft moves in mentor commentaries.
Learning Target: I can brainstorm topics that I have strong opinions about.
Learning Target: I can create an effective commentary lead using techniques such as questions, anecdotes, quotations, background information, etc.
Learning Target: No school

Introduction to Commentary:
Fact vs. Opinion

Commentary Craft Moves: Identifying repetition, strong verbs, figurative language, and other craft moves in commentary

What matters to you? Brainstorming topics for commentary writing.

Writing an Effective Lead for your commentary.

NO SCHOOL
VETERANS DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment