Social Studies

Week of 10/2 - 10/6

We will take the Central and South America geography quiz that we postponed before Fall Trip on Monday. We will also finish up our Native American projects this week.  

Our next project is a travel brochure for a Latin American country.  This project will allow you to explore the culture, history, geography, and economics of a Latin American country that interests you.

I will introduce the Long Term Project (LTP) on Wednesday, and we will start researching this week. 

Lastly, we will be presenting our 3D visuals on Thursday.  

Mon. 10/2
Tue. 10/3
Wed. 10/4
Thu. 10/5
Fri. 10/6
Learning Target: 1) I can demonstrate my knowledge of Central and South America geography.
2) I can demonstrate an understanding of basic map skills.
Learning Target: 1)I can incorporate history, civics, geography, and economics to research and share information about a country in Latin America.
2) I can demonstrate an understanding of Caribbean geography.
Learning Target: 1) I can incorporate history, civics, geography, and economics to research and share information about a country in Latin America.
2) I can gather information on a topic from various sources.
Learning Target: 1) I can present and explain a project that i completed.
2) I can incorporate history, civics, geography, and economics to research and share information about a country in Latin America.
Learning Target: 1) I can incorporate history, civics, geography, and economics to research and share information about a country in Latin America.
2) I can gather information on a topic from various sources.

Hour 1:
Geography Quiz: Central & South America / Map Skills

Hour 2:
Last Day in-class work time for Native American Project


Report & Visual due Th. 10/5

Hour 1:
Intro to
Latin America Travel Brochure project

Hour 2:
The Caribbean geography

Hour 1:
Latin America Travel Brochure project

Intro to Long Term Project (LTP)

Hour 2:
Library: Research to choose top 3 Conquistadors that interest you for LTP

Hour 1:
Native American project 3D visual gallery walk & presentations

Hour 2: Complete  Native American project 3D visual gallery walk & presentations (if needed)

Latin America Travel Brochure

Hour 1:
Random “Names from a Hat” procedure to choose LTP topic.

Library: LTP Time

Hour 2:
Latin America Travel Brochure project

No comments:

Post a Comment