Language Arts

Week of 9/11-9/15

I will begin conferencing individually with each of you this week about your narratives.  We will be going a little more in-depth with conflict and plot and making sure that you are organizing your thoughts and writing.  We will also cover the first 5 chapters of Where the Red Fern Grows and discuss theme.  You will have a short multiple-choice quiz on Thursday to check for reading. 

Mon. 9/11
Tue. 9/12
Wed. 9/13
Thu. 9/14
Fri. 9/15
Learning Target: I can create conflict in my story to move the action.
Learning Target: I can organize the events in my story in a logical sequence.
Learning Target: I can explain the difference between independent and dependent clauses.
Learning Target:
I can identify theme in a narrative.
Learning Target: No class


Adding Conflict to a story

HW: Where the Red Fern Grows vocabulary



Using a Plot Triangle to structure your story



Grammar: Independent vs. dependent clauses

Discussion of theme and writing activities for Chapters 1-5 of Where the Red Fern Grows

Check for reading quiz for 1st 5 chapters




ADI #1
NO CLASS

No comments:

Post a Comment